Tuesday, April 1, 2014

New Feel

So I am going to get back into blogging. My in laws just moved to the Philippines and so with the time difference and lack of phone time I have decided to use my blog to keep them updated. I am as close to my mother in law as I am to my own mother so this might get a little personal but whatever, it also just might be the mundane updates of my daily life. I also secretly hope that this turns into this super sweet record of my life.

Dear Mom,
I miss talking to you on the phone but I have to admit it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It isn't until I hear your voice surfing those rare calls that I realize how much I miss you so I guess it's really good we don't talk often. I think this will be good for our family though. It will help us grow up a little and be a little more independent. Anyways enough of the mushy here is the update on us. 
JT is doing well but it's the week before finals so we are starting all the huge projects, thankfully though almost all of his classes are done so during the day he works in homework and then goes to work. 
I'm doing fine my sciatica must have been a strained muscle because other than the occasional discomfort it is mostly gone. I still cry when I watch... Well pretty much anything. We are watching the end of ice age right now and it's a good thing I am focusing on this or I would be a wreck. 
Little Jon just keeps growing and learning. He now loves to put his own socks on and take his clothes off. He also discovered a teddy bear that was actually a gift from one of sam's girlfriends and I took cause it was soft and I have kids anyway Little Jon loves it! He carries it around with him and he tucks it into bed, it's quite adorable
You can't tell but he is wearing a pair if JT's socks that he put on all by himself. Bed time is mostly a success I would say 80% of the time Little Jon stays in his big boy bed. The thing I don't get is how JT is so much better at it than I am. I will spend 30 minutes trying to put them in bed, will get frustrated and JT will come in and tell Little Jon one thing, put him back in bed and then he stays there. When the inverse happens it still takes me at least 10 minutes to get him to stay put. I wish I knew what was so different that he does, oh well.
We have all recovered from sickness, except Nathaniel he can't seem to kick it. I took him in to make sure it wasn't whooping cough or RSV. Good news is he doesn't have those but the doc said he thought he might have the starts of an ear infection. He have us an antibiotic which Nathaniel finished yesterday but he  doesn't seem to be getting better. He is super cranky and not sleeping well. Last night JT sent me to bed while he quickly cleaned up the basement and made sure the boys stayed asleep. Well both boys ended up waking up and JT finally got Little Jon asleep but Nathaniel was still antsy. He ended up spending the whole night rocking Nathaniel and neither one slept well. I woke up to JT bringing Nathaniel into our room and I said I would take him to which JT replied he won't go back to sleep its 620. I felt awful. Anyway hopefully he will sleep well tonight and that will help. 
Little Jon also has this cute new habit where he likes to push Nathaniel over, it's awesome. 
Anyway we love and miss you and we can't wait to see pictures of your new house!

No comments:

Post a Comment