Thursday, April 3, 2014

Injuries

Dear Mom,
Injuries have been abounding in our house recently. Nathaniel learned the unfortunate lesson that the oven is hot. I was pulling something out of the oven and I had the rack out and Nathaniel came up and wrapped his little fingers right around it. He definitely learned his lesson though because a couple days later he was walking towards me and I opened the oven and he turned and ran the other way.
I dropped a piece of one of my foot a couple days ago it really hurts.
Yesterday was a bad day. Little Jon is going through this phase where he really likes to push over his brother and hit him in the head with toys. The problem is that Nathaniel cries for just about anything so it's hard to know when he's really hurt and when he's just been touched. Little Jon bit him yesterday and in fact it drew blood but he bit him right on his burn so I think it just barely broke open some tender skin either way I felt really bad. Little Jon was acting up especially bad yesterday and I think it was because I didn't take time to play with him yesterday. I'm been trying really hard to make sure I take time out of every day to sit down and play with my kids because I feel like that's something I'm not very good at and it's very important. It also snowed here the last couple of days so Little Jon has not been able to go outside which also I think it had an impact on his mood. Hopefully things look up.

1 comment:

  1. Dang! So hard when they are mean to each other. Remember, you aren't to blame for all the bad things your kids do! ;-) It's hard as a mom because we tend to blame ourselves. But, our kids do things of their own accord (even little ones) and it's not our fault! Little kids do what Little Jon is doing because, well, sometimes they are little beasts! :-)

    That being said, I think that boredom can contribute to things like that. So good for you for thinking of what you can do to fix them.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete