Sunday, May 18, 2014

Uncle Paco

Dear mom,
Paco left a few hours ago and I must say in the 36 ish hours we saw him we had a blast! We don't talk about Paco much at home because we don't FaceTime him and so Little Jon just isn't familiar with who he is but he walks around and talks about Paco all the time. When Paco showed up Friday night around 11 the kids were in bed but Jonathan, Paco and I stayed up talking and didn't go to bed until 2, it was so late. Then of course the boys woke up at 630 so there I was up and at 'em. We started making breakfast and getting things going and around 8 I took the boys down to wake up Paco. We threw them in his bed and they freaked, they couldn't get off fast enough. We had crepes for breakfast and they were delicious! Jonathan's boss was moving into his house Saturday so they went over for an hour to help. Jonathan made sure Paco took it really easy with his should, which means Jonathan over did it a little. He told me he carried a chest freezer all by himself! Afterward they went on a bike ride together with the boys, while I mowed the lawns. 
They had a blast and so did the boys although it's been a long time since Jonathan rode a bike so he was pretty sore not to mention all the extra weight he was carrying. Afterward we had a BBQ and man it was soooooo good! We made homemade root beer and had a blast playing with our favorite uncle Paco. Who spent a lot of time spinning the boys, they loved it. We came in and we all took naps. Then we had dinner and just hung out. So we weren't expecting Paco to come up this weekend because he and Betsy were going to both come but Betsy texted us early in the week to say she couldn't come, however she didn't tell Paco this. So Friday morning we got a call from Paco saying hey I'm heading out this evening etc. so because it was such late notice Jonathan didn't get his homework done before Paco got her so he spend sometime Saturday night doing that. Jonathan and Paco took a break to look at Lego sets online though. Paco almost bought a Star Wars set for $200. I have a had time believing how that would ever be worth it but whatever. Anyway Paco went to bed "early" which meant like 1130. I stayed up with Jonathan while he finished his homework which means I slept on the futon while he worked lol. At 130 I woke up and asked if he was done and we finally went to bed. Then at 630 the kids woke up again... Awesome ;) We got up and started getting ready for church and having breakfast etc. We had stake conference today and Elder Perry came to speak, it was for like all of southeast Idaho. We decided to try our luck at the BYU I Center instead of our stake center. A friend of mine recently called stake conference the kobioshy maru from Star Trek and I have to say it's completely true. It is the impossible test. We decided that we would just go for 1 hour and be done. It would be I jet as long as a sacrament meeting and then we would be done.  It went ok, we didn't quite make it an hour. It's so hard when Nathaniel's morning nap is during church he gets so cranky. Anyway so we left and came home for naps. I laid down and like an hour into my nap Little Jon woke up and came in to snuggle with me. He always has to have his head on my arm, it's like the perfect pillow for him. Our nap went well and we ended up sleeping for like another 2 hours and at some points our faces were snuggled together which was great because that usually bugs the crap out of me I can't be that close to someone while I sleep but it totally worked and was sweet. When I woke up thoug my arm was so sore from have a child's head on it for 2 hours. It was painful. I knew if I moved my arm he would wake up and so I was debating whether or not to wake him and save my arm. I heard that Nathaniel was up and Paco was too so I figured we should get up and hang out with everyone. We took the side off of Nathaniel's crib so he can get out of bed but he can't open his door yet, which is good and bad. Good because it helps him learn that he has to stay in bed but bad because sometimes I use it as a baby gate and then I go get him finally and his diaper is off and it's exciting. Anyway we had lunch hung out for a little bit and then it was time for Paco to leave. We said goodbye and Little Jon cried as he drove away. Little Jon spent the weekend running around the house yelling for Paco every minute, it was adorable. Jonathan would becoming upstairs with Paco and all Little Jon would say was Paco, Paco? It was like Jonathan wasn't even there lol. Anyways it was a great weekend. We were so happy to have our favorite uncle Paco weekend so now they have a face with the name and memories too. Unsurprisingly my house is a mess but it was totally worth it. I wish Builder Fusion would sent Paco to Idaho for work. Jonathan and I are feeling pretty yucky from all the junk food we ate this weekend. 5 gallons of homemade root beer is a lot of soda for 3 adults to go through, we still have some left. Like I said though it has all been totally worth it, I just hope we find a way to get Betsy up to visit us too because Paco is going to be so busy traveling this summer he doesn't think he will be able to come see us again, we will figure it out though. We miss you tons! SLY

No comments:

Post a Comment