Saturday, May 17, 2014

Tough as nails

Dear mom,
Little Jon is tough as nails, he might be more hard core than Ammon which is saying something. Yesterday Little Jon pulled the cutting board out and it landed on his foot. He screamed of course and Jonathan picked him up and checked his toes to see if they were broken because they were purple and they were cut and bleeding. He didn't scream louder so they weren't broken and then he looked at Jonathan got down and walked downstairs to go finish watching Cars. I mean we are talking a total of 2 minutes of tears maybe. His toes look fine today but man I am sure they are still sore. 
Also a week or so ago we were out walking shadow and Little Jon was holding the leash. It had kinda wrapped around Shadow's legs so there wasnt any slack. All of the sudden Shadow bolted slamming Little Jon into the ground. He landed amid rocks and pokey plants. It was quite rough. He cried for a minute maybe two and then asked to finish waking Shadow. I was blown away that fall really knocked him up, I was finding scratched and splinters all over his body for the next several days.

So Shadow has learned how to jump over our fence. She climbs on top of her dog house then hops over. It's really unfortunate and makes it hard to leave the house sometimes. Thankfully our next door neighbor has an awesome dog kennel we have borrowed a couple of times. We are going to put some sheep wire across the top of her house so she can't get on it anymore and that should solve the problem. In the mean time we've has to bring her inside a lot more which hasn't been a huge deal. I feel really bad though because she still escapes and our neighbor across the street has dogs that she likes to play with. We've gotten a couple calls late at night letting us know our dog was at someone else's house. I can't wait to get the wire up so this problem is fixed.

We miss you tons! SLY

1 comment:

  1. What a tough little dude! That sounds amazing. It's kinda scary though because when they are that tough, you sometimes miss things until they are BAD! :-)

    What a pain about Shadow. Darn dogs sure can find a way out of everything. :-( I hope you can get the wire up soon and fix the problem. You don't need one other living being to keep track of 24/7! :-)

    I sure miss you too. It's really starting to hit me now how far away we are and how long it will be till we see everyone again. :-( I love seeing your photostream. It makes me feel like I'm a little bit in the kids lives. We do need to facetime more. I've got to figure out schedule and what time is best. I assume that evening (after 5) is best for you all? That would be between 7 and 9 am for us.

    Let me know.

    I love you!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete