Saturday, May 3, 2014

Easter


Dear Mom,
Easter was great! We went to see my parents and had a great time. Steven came with his family too. Little Jon loved playing with his cousin Hannah. He especially enjoyed pushing her around in a baby doll stroller. Hannah turns one this month but is the same size as Nathaniel.
It was a busy trip too because we were trying to get everyone's outfits for the wedding. I am embarrassed to say that I had a hard time getting into the real focus of Easter.
We officially had the beginning of the semester melt down and I can't tell you how grateful I am for your talk with Jonathan, it helped... A lot. It is so nice to not have Jonathan working the night shift anymore. He can come home from school or work at 5 the latest and then he can be home. 
By the way your son should be a movie/tv writer. He can guess every plot twist and bad guy from like the first screen it really is a gift ;)
So I had an exciting doctors appointment today. Thankfully I tested negative for gestational diabetes however when I went in my iron level was super low. I guess a normal number is like 13 and I had like a 7 or something ridiculously low. They couldn't find my lab results from the beginning of the pregnancy to compare them too but he is assuming it has always been really low since I am not recently light headed and stuff. That combined with the insane thirst I have been having the last week caused them to test me for something called diabetes insipitus(sp?). He didn't tell me much about it and I haven't looked into it much. It looks like if I test positive I will just have to take some medicine for a while. I will find out Monday if I have it or not. Apparently though this is very rare something the doc hasn't seen in his career and most don't ever see. As I left he said you know I am really excited to see what happens. So I guess for the time being I am a medical mystery, I know just what a mother-in-law that halfway around the world wants to hear. I'm not worried if that makes you feel any better. Anyways that's what's new with us, we miss you tons!
SLY

No comments:

Post a Comment