Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wedding!

Dear Mom,
Ok I will try to do this whole experience justice but it's been like a week and I'm lazy. The boys and I met grandpa at the IF airport and headed out to Denver on Monday(?) night, yeah that sounds right. Packing for a week for the two boys and I  required a fair amount of luggage. Anyway the flight wasn't bad. The flight the next morning to San Francisco was way worse. We had to get up at 4 am so we had cranky boys. Nathaniel screamed most of the 2.5 hour flight until finally grandpa got him to sleep in his arms. I actually started crying in the plane I was so frustrated. When we picked up the rental car we had a minivan which was fine except the car seat anchors took up 2 seats so we then didn't have enough seats, and we only had one set of anchors so I insisted we get another car. We got a Yukon however that SUV doesn't have any anchors in it. I was so mad and cranky improbably wasn't very nice but we just dealt with it because they didn't have anything else so we buckled them in which I don't like doing because it isn't as secure but whatever. I took my parents to the temple so they could go through the temple with Paige and then I turned around and went to the oakland airport to go pick up Whitney and Hannah. We then went back to the temple to get grandma and grampa.we finally got to the house we were renting and it was awesome. The house way like 1.5 hours away from the temple and like anything else we had to do so we did a lot of driving but it was the only place big enough for all of us. It was an awesome house with amazing views the master suite was the size of JT and I's first apartment! It was also full of antiques which were amazing but not very kid friendly. We spend a lot of the first day baby proofing and we still ended up having issues. They had room outside to run around but lots of random ledges so it was hard but nice. Overall I think it was our best option. Anyway we spent Wednesday in San Francisco. We went to the Golden Gate Bridge, china town Andi think someplace else but I can't remember. My dad will have to fact check this whole thing and leave changes in the comments lol. Then we picked up JT from the airport. He had a miserable flight so he wasn't in a great mood. The other thing about the house we stayed in was that it's like 20 minutes off the highway in the boonies and the road to get there is narrow and windy(?) JT said it was the worst road he has ever been on. It was dangerous so many blind corners and hairpin turns. So that didn't help at all, he also had homework to do and it had to be in by midnight rexburg time which we realized was 11 California time, so that made things more difficult. I really wished I could've taken JT with our to sight see in San Fran but we will just have to go back again. Thursday Steven flew in and the boys had their bachelor party. There were horses at the house we stayed at. JT tried to work with them but when he went into the field to get them and go burs(the pokey plants) all the way up his garments they called it quits. We spent 5 minutes pulling them all out and ended up just throwing out his socks. So the boys ended up seeing a movie, going to Dave and busters (it's a big kids chuckie cheese) and then out to dinner, so we didn't see them until late. I think that was the day we went and did flowers for the wedding. Not sure what happened friday(I know I am such a great record keeper ;) Saturday was the wedding and it was beautiful. That night was the reception and it was a nightmare lol. Receptions just aren't for kids. The reception in California was the ultimate Pinterest reception . It was super nice and beautiful. It was all pastels and classy. Sunday we went home and he flight was pretty good.
JT went to school and I did the laundry and the Wednesday we left for Denver. The flight attendant was a nightmare. She insisted that Nathaniel stay in JT's lap almost the entire flight because he was a lap child even though there was an empty seat right next to him. JT spent all of Thursday building the reception he really did almost all the work he was amazing. He spent most of Friday doing it too. Our stay in Denver was much nicer, it is amazing what being in a familiar place with toys and a place to run will do for kids. Friday night was the reception and it was amazing it came together beautifully and we had a babysitter so it was very enjoyable. Saturday we hung out at the house with everyone. It was so nice to just relax. That night we all went out to dinner with out kids and then the young couple went to the movies. The boys saw an action flick and he girls saw The Fault in Our Stars. It was pretty cute. I am experiencing an interesting phenomenon. Any time I watch a chick flick now it's all about JT and I. It reminds me of us and our story etc it's really sweet. And then Sunday we all went home.
It is so nice to be home and kinda back in a schedule. Little Jon's new thing is he says "I got you mommy" he always says it to me after I've pushed him over though, it's pretty funny. 
Last night was rough.we went to bed late and then I tossed and turned waiting for JT to come to bed and I though I kept hearing the boys opening their door so I kept expecting them to come into our room. JT finally came up just before 3 (I had gone up at 12) and at some point something fell in the bathroom that knocked over a cup it was super loud and I shot up in bed and JT was like it's just me I am here and I said did you knock over a cup? And he was like what? He was totally out of it but kept reassuring me that it was just him lol he was no use so I just went to bed and figured I would sort it out in the morning. Then at 4 Little Jon woke up and came into our room as I got up JT "woke up" and said just let him snuggle with us in bed. Which is really weird for JT I really wanted to just put Little Jon back in  bed so I could get some sleep but JT insisted so I waited until Little Jon was asleep and then I put him in bed. I would get him to sleep and then as soon as I would get to the door he would wake up and scream for me. When I finally got Little Jon totally asleep, Nathaniel woke up. By then it was like 5 so I just got up and started working in my lesson for Sunday. I fell asleep sitting cris cross applesauce in a chair and Nathaniel fell asleep across my knees. When we woke up like an hour later we were both stiff uncomfortable and cold, which is impressive because I get so hot at night now no one is allowed to touch me more or less cuddle lol. The fans go full blast and I wear as little as possible and I still wake up sweaty. Yay summer pregnancy! Anyways everyone was cranky and tired today. Hopefully tonight is better. 
It was so nice to FaceTime you last night. I forget how much I miss you until I see your face and then I remember. 
I carry a camelback around with me all day to quench my thirst which the kids are great at using too the problem is getting Nathaniel to not chew on the  bite valve, it's a struggle it already has a small hole because of him and we bought it like 2 months ago lol.
Well this post is way more than long enough, I hope you made it through without falling asleep. We love and miss you dearly.
SLY

No comments:

Post a Comment