Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Simple pleasures

I have found that when I try to do something sweet for another person it often has an unintended effect on my life that sometimes ends pretty humorously. My husband left his lunch at home today so I wanted to take it to him at school. I had started making bread and decided that I had time to leave the house take Jonathan's lunch and get back in time to finish the bread because it was supposed to raise for 15 minutes anyway. I got back home and the bread was supposed to rise for another three minutes but this is what I saw when I walked in the door. No that is not a loaf of bread sitting on top of my Bosch mixer the dough has in fact raised so much that it has popped out of the top. I have decided that it is these little mishaps that make life fun. I know that my days are considerably happier when I can laugh at myself several times a day.

2 comments:

  1. Tee hee! I've seen that more than once at my house. I've even had it raise clear over the top and fall onto the counter (or floor). (That's when you hope you have a clean countertop so you can save the bread. . . If it hits the floor, it's history!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least you know it has risen enough :-) Mmmm - your bread is so good! Almost makes me wish I still made bread instead of being lazy.

    ReplyDelete