Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Baby blessing

Little Jon was given a name and a blessing this past Sunday, I can't even begin to explain how beautiful it was and how strong the spirit was. I didn't hear most of the blessing but I could feel the spirit so strongly that I could not withhold tears. There was another baby blessed before Little Jon and even during that blessing I was emotional. As Jonathan was blessing Little Jon I could see his potential. I saw him getting married in the temple and I felt so proud of him, it was overwhelming. I love that little boy so much. I can't explain what I was thinking, only what I felt. This is by far one of the most powerful experiences I have ever had. As Jonathan came and sat by me he was racked with sobs. It was so powerful for me to see him that way. As I looked down at my son the congregation started singing him number 139 "in fasting we approach thee." It literally sounded like a chorus of angels. It was so beautiful. I remember thinking this must be what Heavenly Mother feels like when she looks at us. That was such a powerful and comforting thought. This whole experience was so strong it was exhausting. I felt like if I were to close my eyes I would have passed out right then. I imagine this is somewhat what Alma the younger felt after he saw the angel. I am so grateful for this Gospel and for the priesthood. I am grateful for all the family that was able to come out, it was so nice to see all of them. I love my husband at my son and I hope to never forget this day.

2 comments: