Thursday, August 9, 2012

Summertime

Summertime is a hard time at the Baird house. Jonathan and I are really big fans of the cold, in fact we find heat pretty much unbearable. Call me a wimp but anything over 85 and I am just done. So we often get bored during the summer because we love being outside but it is too hot to justify being out there. We are trying to find different free hobbies that we can do together because recently our answer to "what do you want to do tonight" is often, "I guess just watch another movie." We are in a rut lol If anyone has any good ideas of free or extremely cheap hobbies to do together we are more then open to them. This also proves to be a problem with me and getting work done. I have some jobs that need to be one but they are in the office which is all windows and therefore very hot or in the garage which is just as hot if not worse and so I have to do them early in the morning or after Jonathan gets home from work which is our be together time. I don't know maybe I just need to say suck it up, and I won't be offended if anyone really does say that to me.

2 comments:

  1. First question: do you have a yard? If so, have you thought about getting a sprinkler running and playing in it? It's great for when it's really hot! As to the working idea, what about just doing the work together when he gets home? You could also do it in the morning during the cooler time of day. I don't know, but there are a few suggestions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because you are pregnant, you are allowed to be in a movie watching rut. You are after all building a human being - no small task. This also applies for at least the first year after each additional child is born. After my 4th child was born, my New Year's resolution was this: "I will NOT feel guilty about the amount of television my children watch this year." Seriously. Possibly the best resolution I've ever made. And it was harder to keep than I thought it would be. However, I do have a suggestion or two. I know it's hard, but look for some 2 player games. The best ones are the ones you can play in bed. We really like scrabble, speed scrabble (if yo want the rules let me know), othello, and we just got scrabble flash too, and that's fun. Cody doesn't really like speed card games, but spit and nertz are addicting.

    Also, another thing I'll never regret, is spending time writing down our love story. Every little detail you can remember. Mine is 24 pages long, single spaced, and I only got to the night we got engaged, but every time I read through it, I laugh and get those old falling love feelings again. Priceless, yes? Yes. It's also really funny to do this together, because of differing view points.

    I totally understand your dilemma, though. Taking care of one baby, building the other, and being hot is just about the most miserable combination I can think of. Maybe you should just go out and secretly buy some cheap water guns and then ambush Jonathan when he gets home. Even if you end up watching a movie later at least you'll have done something else, right? Wow, I just got all preachy, sorry. Hope it helps, and if you have any other great ideas, let me know. I'm always on the lookout.

    P.S. - I wish we lived closer, I have a feeling we would be awesome friends. I have heard nothing but good things about you from MaryAnn and the rest of the family. Isn't it nice to have in-laws that like you?

    ReplyDelete